08 April 2007

Happy Easter!

Today is Easter Sunday and I am so glad that the Easter Bunny found my basket! There is nothing better than Cadbury Eggs and an Easter tie. Thank you kindly, oh wise Bunny!

I don't need to explain the reason for celebrating Easter (empty tomb and eternal forgiveness), but it was interesting stepping out my door this morning, tying my tie, and looking at my neighbors, who also were on their way out.

You may have read that Jesica and some other neighbors have deemed them the Addams Family compared to Jesica and I. So, I greeted them with my usual smile and a "Happy Easter". They informed me that they were going to do some Black Easter thing. They were all in black and got into their black Scion and left.

Though I'm not really sure if that is what they were doing, or if they just wanted to see my reaction (which was a simple "Oh, have a great time"), I know that they must have been referring to a 1968 book about how an arms dealer requested a black magician to release the demons from hell. So, if you're reading this, this is not what they did today.

I like Resurrection, triumph-over-death, Easter much better!

No comments: