25 September 2007

Learn This, Mr. President

Perhaps you haven't heard that this is the end of undergraduate work for me...or at least until I decide to teach later in life (hah! like I'd get hired to teach).


Anyway, I'm taking the equivelent of Freshman Political Science: Political Science 203. So, we've started with the Declaration of Independence (as opposed to say the Magna Carta or the Mayflower Pact). I love this document and I'm glad that before we started discussing it, we discussed being open.


So, other than learning that there is an idiot in the front row, who can't put her hand down, who interjects incredibly annoying comments and asks ignoramous questions like "where can I find a copy of the Declaration of Independence" and "which book do we read from when your syllabus states: American: 'something'? Is that the Amercian government one or the California one?", here are some things that I jotted down in the first two class periods:


The Humane Society is not like PETA.

If there is no reason, there is no freedom. If there is perfect reason, there is no freedom. Only with man's imperfect reason is there freedom.

A=B

B=C

A=C


The movie 300 is really dipicting Spartans as all of Greece.


It's better to miss class for a sporting event or a concert than for work.


All truth is relative.


Before you can be critical, you have to be sufficiently open to learn


And finally, my professor looks like Lord Voldemort!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

make sure you check your gmail account. oh and at least your professor doesnt look like he was an extra in one of the Godfather movies....